I took the little boys to the park last week. The sun was out and it was a nice day. I picked up Wendy's and layed out a blanket for a little picnic. I got back into the car and turned it on. I read the temperature.....37 degrees! I guess I jumped the gun a little. I guess sun does not equal warm. But the kids didn't complain and played at the park for an hour. They kept coming back to eat their fries which I can only imagine were very cold. But at least the weather kept their chocolate milk cold.
This week is suppose to be in the 50's so we are loving it. And next week we'll be in Vegas basking in the sun. Heck, we'll probably be ready to swim and get tan. This has been a very long cold winter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
even hearing it for the second time around made me laugh! It may not be warm to most people but for us that was warm! I bet the kids loved it! I seriously can't wait for warm weather either!!! bring on the heat!!!
That is what we've been doing as well- I know it isn't HOT out yet! BUT- We will take any "warm" weather we can get! = ) I guess warm is considered anything above 25 degrees!
That was funny when I read the "it was 37 degrees." It will warm up soon enough and then we'll all be ready for winter again! It's in the 80's all week here. It's perfect.
I want to go to Vegas!!! Are you going for Spring Break with the kids? That sounds SO fun!!
It was so fun to see you Saturday. If it makes you any better it snowed six inches in Michigan two days ago and it is in the 20.
You are a good mom to stick with the plans....love the story!
37? That is freezing to me. Once it warms up to 80 I start taking my jacket off. Can't wait till next week and hope it's warm enough for ya? (snicker)
Chell you should come on over!
Thanks for sending me the link to your blog. I have to admit that I'm a mixture of high-tech & low-tech. Since I work for HP in a high-tech world, I'm low-tech on my own time so I wasn't even sure what a blog was. I know, I need to get with the times. Same with IM.
Anyway, I haven't seen you forever & to look at your picture and pictures of your kids, I can't believe how much you look like your mom & your kids look like your brothers & sisters. So cute.
We've been outside every day it's been over 32 degrees and riding our bikes to the park which is only a few blocks away. We just got back from Puerto Rico so it was a shock to go from 80 to 40 but it was great to have a tan in the winter. I even wore shorts to the airport the day we left even though there was a huge snowstorm & I had to walk in the snow in my sandals :) I was just getting in the tropical mood.
you know you live in a freezer when it's 37 and you feel like a picnic. I love it and am totally jealous that you get to be in Vegas basking in the sun next week.
Nan, remember when we drove all of our kids down to Vegas and stayed at Robin's? We thought that it was so many kids, and I think it was only five! Now you have more than that alone. Anyway, I hope you're having a blast!
Post a Comment